Our capabilities span the entire project life cycle from design to build, installation and maintenance.
Our business is built on a comprehensive electrical contracting service that dates back to 1983. We pride ourselves on having a large team of directly employed qualified electricians, many of which are Compex certified. We deliver projects on time and within budget, providing an experienced, versatile, high-quality team, using flexible working patterns to minimise disruption and risk. We are experts at building long-term relationships with our customers who take confidence in our ability to take ownership of the project, flex to meet challenges and ensure safety is paramount in everything that we do.
For over 30 years, we have built strong partnerships with customers operating in highly regulated environments including; petrochemical, nuclear, oil and gas, chemical, and pharmaceutical plants. These relationships continue to thrive on our ability to innovate and deliver engineering excellence on time, on budget and, most importantly safely. From simple electrical installations to complex instrumentation systems, we can deliver the complete solution from design concept through to installation, commissioning, and validation. Our experts have the engineering expertise to optimise asset lifecycle through a tailored programme of comprehensive maintenance.
Term and Shutdown Projects
We provide our customers with a comprehensive, dependable shutdown and term service. Staying agile while prioritising safety, we have strong relationships with several of the UK’s largest refiners, as well as renowned pharmaceutical manufacturers and technology giants. With every turnaround, term, or shutdown project, we deliver significant performance improvements providing a strategic approach that covers all aspects of planned, preventative, and reactive maintenance. With one of the largest team of Compex engineers in the UK and Ireland, we can flex at short notice to fulfil even the largest projects in the most hazardous environments including CoMAH sites.
What we do
Providing fully integrated electrical, control and instrumentation installation, our customers trust us to deliver the broadest range of electrical and instrumentation (E&I).
Our Process Industries services include:
• High voltage and low voltage distribution systems
• Lighting and small power
• Containment systems and cable installation
• Fire, gas and Emergency Shutdown (ESD) systems
• Communication systems
• Trace heating and cathodic protection
• Hazardous area installation, inspection and reporting
• Pneumatic, electrical and electronic testing devices for inspection and testing of instrument and system operation, and diagnose faults
• Installation and maintenance of instruments on new or existing plant equipment and processes
• Calibration and maintenance of components and instruments according to manufacturers’ specifications (PPE)
• Repair, maintain and adjust system components or remove and replace defective parts
• Instrument hook-ups
• Small-bore piping installation
• SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) and PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) installation
• Pressure controls, flow meters and temperature valves
• Test and pre-commissioning
• Risk assessment analysis
• Interpret and use appropriate CSA, ISA and API installation standards and practices
• Oil and gas
• Process and automation